Monday, January 27, 2014

Why This Website Exists

Why this website exists

Not too long ago I was looking for some information on the web. I went to Google and typed in several forms of what I was looking for. I couldn’t really find anything. I was looking for information on LDS concealed carry. As you may or may not know, Mormons try to dress modestly. For those who have been to the temple we also wear a garment as underwear. These are not too different from a t-shirt and boxer shorts. But because of this, we may have different issues with how we would conceal carry that others may not have. Also, I have a fascination for guns throughout LDS history. When Joseph and Hyrum Smith, and others with them, were martyred, they were given weapons to protect themselves. Another of my hero’s in LDS history was Orrin Porter Rockwell. He was the prophet Joseph Smith’s bodyguard and life-long friend. He is controversial to be sure, but he is someone I admire. No where on the internet could I find a site that dealt exclusively with “LDS guns” as I call it.
I want this to be a place where we discuss guns, tactics, gear, and things related to this lifestyle. Whether you are in law enforcement, the military, or just have a love for weapons, this is your home.
In keeping with this, I do not want doctrine or doctrinal, religious disputes here. This site is for all who are interested regardless of back-round or religion. Always be mindful of others and know that I will control the content on this site.

I am known as Burn. (My callsign is Burning Bush). My backround is military. I have many friends all over the country and world. Many of them work still in security and combat rolls. Many of them are now in law enforcement rolls from federal to church security. I still work on a federal installation and deal with security daily. I have been a practicing member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints my whole life, have served a mission, and have served in many positions in the Church. I have been shooting guns my whole life and was a weapons instructor in the military. I am also a concealed carry permit holder. I have a wonderful wife of over 40 years and several great kids (my slice elements) spread all over the country. I am also a great believer in this country. I love the United States and all it stands for. I believe we should move closer to the Constitution and of course have Christ centered lives. I do not, however, belong to any party. That’s it in a nutshell.

Please feel free to comment. Please be respectful if you disagree with some one. We'd like this to be a "clearing house" for what works and what doesn't. If you'd like additions to this site or have ideas, please share them. Please share your expertise and experience.

Semper Paratus

Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment