Friday, June 23, 2017

Don't Be A Sitting Duck!

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise of Louisiana has undergone surgery and will need further operations, after being shot by a man who opened fire with a rifle on an early morning baseball practice for Republican members of Congress in Alexandria, Va. Scalise was the most seriously injured of four victims of the shootings.
The suspect was fatally wounded during a gun battle with law enforcement, including a U.S. Capitol Police officer who had been shot.
“He was hunting us, and there was no place to go…
Most of us were at home plate, waiting for batting practice, and everyone hit the deck, flat on the grass, right off the baseline.
But we were sitting ducks…
I’m shocked that I am alive.
I don’t want to make a political statement about guns, but I’m just grateful they were there with the weapons they had…
The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here (security detail traveling with Scalise) had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover…
“He was coming around the fence line and he was looking for all of us who had found cover in different spots. But if we didn’t have return fire right there, he would have come up to each one of us and shot us point-blank.”
Congressman Mike Bishop (R) Michigan
This happened to be a Congressman. This could be anyone. Do you want to be a sitting duck? Do you want to be helpless? Most of you are out there. Do you think any of the members of Congress thought that going to practice softball would be life threatening? Think about what you did today. Was anything you did life threatening? Maybe, if you’re in law enforcement, firefighting, or soldiering. But most of us went to the store, went to work, or a theme park, or the pool, or a myriad of other public places that could have turned into “softball practice.”
People wonder why I carry a gun. The above situation is one of the many reasons I carry. I could always be surprised but mostly I am not a “sitting duck.” But don’t just get a gun and feel safe. One of my mentors Jeff Cooper said:
"You are no more armed because you are wearing a pistol than you are a musician because you own a guitar."
You must get trained. And continue training. To do this you must devote a portion of your time, your fortune (some money), and your mind, to such a serious endeavor. You must practice, and teach, situational awareness for you and your family. You must fortify your mind and your home. You must not be a sitting duck! If you do what these several Congressmen did you will lose! We must not let these few wolves, these few miscreants of society, win. This is your life! This is your community! This is your country! You and I cannot, will not, give in to those who prefer violence over safe liberty. I know that I am condoning violence for violence, but I cannot see any other way of defending myself against violence than with violence. I believe in Ghandi’s words. I believe in Martin Luther King’s words. And most of all I believe in Christ’s and God’s words. But until we can win the hearts and minds of the world we must be able to survive the world.
Get trained. Practice. Carry and defend what is right. And in the end do we not “mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor?”

Semper Paratus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment