Friday, June 17, 2016

Good Guy With A Gun (A Little Rant)

Anti-gun blathering idiots. They must not hand out brains when they hand liberals their decoder mood ring. (That will be all the name-calling I do today! Had to get it off my chest.) When anyone says the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, we mean not only armed citizens, but law enforcement (LE)!
https://psmag.com/the-pernicious-myth-of-the-good-guy-with-a-gun-3f5b4f0b157a#.pd8255m5j
PACIFIC STANDARD January 20 (I assume 2015 or 2016. I couldn’t find a year)
What this particular writer doesn’t understand is, a good guy with a gun is someone who is not a criminal. He seems to think that police have extensive training with guns. Some do, many qualify when they need to and don’t see the range until right before they have to qualify. I’m not saying they don’t have training, I’m just here to say that shooting is a perishable skill. I know this because I shoot. But writers are known for… writing, not their vast knowledge of guns and crime. Mr. Keller loves his statistics though. On one hand he praises police because he says they are the bulk of the heroes. But he just gets through telling us that Sheriffs across the nation want citizens to be the first line of defense then he seems to refute that claim. I guess Sheriffs across the nation are not as bright as the one’s he lauds as heroes. Clearly to anyone who knows about guns, Mr. Keller knows nothing about defending himself with one. He calls the police… If you do any type of research, you would know that the term “assault weapon” exists in the minds of the media and anti-gunners. What I find pernicious is Mr. Keller’s research, or lack therof.
I will say one thing I can agree with Mr. Keller about, Jeff Cooper said it best,"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Many people who carry only shoot occasionally and train less.
I think they can turn into a big problem.
Another article I’ve been shown randomly. I know there are many like these articles out there.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS June 15, 2016

Gersh, I’m so sorry your experience was “horrifying”. I think that maybe driving fast in a car or looking off of a large cliff would horrify you. Some people are easily horrified. This particular type of thinking and writing is what I’m talking about. At least Mr Kuntzman talked to someone who has real experience and training. He also went and shot a gun himself which I give him credit for. What I don’t appreciate is his stating that an AR-15 is the weapon of choice for mass murders. This is not true. There is hard data from LE that proves that the gun of choice by mass murderers is a handgun. Specifically a semi-auto over a revolver. I know that an article like Mr. Kuntzman’s is only the opinion of the writer, like my writing, but I fear that if someone has such a problem shooting an AR-15 what would happen if they shot a real powerful gun. The .223/5.56 round is one of the smallest rifle rounds made. It is .22 caliber. It is light on recoil. My daughters have shot these guns! When they were 8! I think that if Mr. Kuntzman shot a .30 caliber weapon he would be weeping in the corner. I guess what I’m suggesting is that some people are wimps and others can handle life. I’m not trying to be derogatory. I’m just suggesting that if the pop of an AR-15 horrifies you then I guess you are scared to death on the 4th of July. A car back-firing would put you in a coma. I’m sorry, I do not mean to start being sarcastic or exaggerate. I just have a problem with people who are always scared. I would guess Mr. Kuntzman to be about 35 from his picture. By that age, being skittish should be minimized in your life. I don’t know him at all so maybe I am wrong.
I think reporters need to stop reporting on guns. I’m not saying that I don’t want to hear another view of guns or a negative position, because I don’t have a problem with open and honest discussion of guns. But all this drama makes me think I’m dealing with someone who doesn’t deal with life very well.
I have talked about mainstream media (MSM) before. They tend to be liberal but also they tend to be slackers. They will only write about guns in their perspective and usually that is not favorable. I know that there are idiot gun owners out there. People that are unsafe and have no business having a firearm. They give good gun owners a bad name. Like Hillary for dems. (I know that was a cheap shot!)
What is the point of this article? Well, first, don’t believe everything that comes from reporters and MSM. There are many hacks out there. And two, if you are interested in guns or think you’d like to carry get educated on guns. I’m not saying you become a “gun guy”, but you should know the 4 safety rules backward and forward. You should get training and continue to train and practice. And three, good guy with a gun is good, responsible gun carriers AND law enforcement. Why the heck would you not consider LE a good guy?
Semper Parartus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment