Thursday, December 7, 2017

EDC Ideas

EDC
We’ve had several tragedies happen in the last few months. Hurricanes, fire, shootings, and earthquakes. I’m thinking of changing my EDC. What is EDC? EDC or “Everyday carry” is the things you have with you at all times.
My EDC is all I really know so that is what I’ll talk about. I only write this so that you can get ideas about your own EDC. My EDC is in three parts. Primary, secondary, and get home.
Primary EDC is what I am very rarely without. Once in a while I will leave one of these items at home and I will feel naked all day.
Here is a list of what I have on myself nearly always:
A knife or multi-tool
A tactical pen
A flashlight
Tweezers
Fire making items
Paracord
A safety pin
2 Band-aids
Gun and holster
Spare magazine
Cell phone
Supplemental items on my vehicle key chain
More paracord
P-38 Can opener
Consecrated oil vial
Caribiner
Pen knife
My secondary list is:
Water container (quart juice bottle) with water
Every vehicle has: A knife, lighter, and toilet paper
Basic tool kit
First aid kit
1 Box of 50 rounds of carry ammo
Pad and pencil/pen
My get home bag for each vehicle is:
Shelter/Warmth
Emergency poncho, Emergency blanket, Tube tent, Hat, Hand warmers, Fire starting kit (at least 3 deep redundancy)
Tools/Light
Folding Knife, Paracord, Trash bags, Recharger (lawn solar light), Leather gloves, N95 Dust mask, Shower cap, Light stick, Generator Flashlight
Sanitary kit
Toilet paper, Feminine supplies, Toothbrush, toothpaste, Liquid soap, Baby wipes, Washcloth, Sun block, Chapstik
Security
Whistle, Pepper spray
Food/Water
Nylon spork, Can opener, Filter straw, Water bladder
Food: Tuna pouch, MRE crackers, Jerky, 2 Spam packets, 2 sausage (canned), 2 rice meals (in mylar packaging), 2 gatorade pacs, 2 MRE entrees, Can of tuna
Tuna can for cooking
Condom for water
Map
Compass
Level 1 first aid kit
All of this stuff is almost useless without some training.
Training to consider:
Weapons/Self defense training
Survival training (foraging for food and water, fire building, navigation, building tools and weapons, lashing, shelter building. Etc.)
First aid training
There are many ways to carry your EDC. I have some in my pockets, some on a key ring, some in my wallet. I have a big knife pouch that carries a lot. I’ve seen some people use a small fanny pack. My get-home-bag is in a backpack. There are many schools of thought with these different ways of carrying. You need to experiment and find what works for you.
Being prepared is more about knowledge than gear. Training always trumps gear. But it’s always nice to have some gear.
Look at what you do and gear that will enhance you and keep you safe and comfortable.
EDC is the way to go. Being prepared takes training, thought, and experience.
Semper Paratus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment