Monday, December 18, 2017

Monthly Read: Book Review For December

Once a month I will review and recommend a book. I know in this digital world that paper books are a little out dated. Most hard copy books are now in digital form, often in PDF. I would recommend a good well rounded hard copy library in your home. Some of the best books are old and out of print. There are certain publishers and authors I really like. This will be books I like and really only my opinion. If you’d like to recommend a book for me to review e-mail me and we can make it happen. The subjects will be varied but will have to do with the theme of this website, LDS Gunsite. Guns, preparedness, LDS History, security, self-defense, and patriotism are just a few examples. I have a big library of mostly reference books so I will draw heavily from that. Some books may be old and out of print. But most will be books you can find on Amazon.

Monthly Read: Book Review For December is

December
“Where There Is No Doctor” By: David Werner with Carol Thuman and Jane Maxwell


Publisher review:

The Hesperian Foundation has been selling this Third World medical manual at a brisk pace for more than 25 years. This classic public-health text has meant survival for thousands in the Third World since the early 1970s, according to officials from the World Health Organization and the U.S. Peace Corps it stands as arguably the most widely use public-health manual in the world, according to WHO. WHO officials noted that since 1978, it, too, has adopted the kind of community-based approach to health care exemplified by Where There Is No Doctor. Both WHO and UNICEF now buy the book for their field offices.


I love this manual because it is written very "user friendly". I also like it because you can buy a copy or you can download a PDF copy and print it yourself or use it from a device.

https://hesperian.org/wp-content/uploads/pdf/en_wtnd_2015/en_wtnd_2015_fm.pdf

It is great for medical knowledge.


Semper Paratus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment