Friday, March 2, 2018

Monthly Read: Book Review For March

Once a month I will review and recommend a book. I know in this digital world that paper books are a little out dated. Most hard copy books are now in digital form, often in PDF. I would recommend a good well rounded hard copy library in your home. Some of the best books are old and out of print. There are certain publishers and authors I really like. This will be books I like and really only my opinion. If you’d like to recommend a book for me to review e-mail me and we can make it happen. The subjects will be varied but will have to do with the theme of this website, LDS Gunsite. Guns, preparedness, LDS History, security, self-defense, and patriotism are just a few examples. I have a big library of mostly reference books so I will draw heavily from that. Some books may be old and out of print. But most will be books you can find on Amazon.

March 2018

“Righteous Warriors: Lessons From the War Chapters in the Book of Mormon” By: John Bytheway

Publishers review:
Why are there so many wars in the Book of Mormon? Could it be that a book written "for our day" would have to prepare us to survive in a time of "wars and rumors of war," a time when Satan is at war with everything that is good?
What we often call the "war chapters" in the Book of Mormon give us important insights into how to defeat Satan in our day. The pattern is clear: When the children of Lehi are successful, it’s because they make covenants first and swords later. Here are great lessons for how to live well now and eternally!


My review
I know this is a book about scripture. But this part of the Book of Mormon can teach us things about defense that we can’t learn anywhere else. I have taken the lessons of the “War Chapters” and implemented them in my training program, and philosophy for defense. I often refer my defense philosophy as “OPR philosophy” (Orrin Porter Rockwell). But much of it comes from Moroni and his philosophy of defense.
John Bytheway explains in simple terms a interpretation of what we learn from these scriptures. I highly recommend this book!


Semper Paratus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment