Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pick a source....any source: The myth of mainstream media


I do not care for either party. I have voted since the late 70’s and more often than not, I’ve voted Republican because they seem to come as close as any party to my values and stand on issues. I guess it would be safer to say I can’t stand politics and politicians. I wish we had more statesmen. If any change is to take place, I believe it would be through the Republican party only because I don’t think a third party will do anything but split the Republican party. Notice I say the Republican party not the Democrats. The Democrats seem to be able to come together when it’s important where the Republicans are more stubborn and can’t seem to come together. So we need to change the Republican party back to it’s roots. I have a problem with the Democrats because I cannot just let issues like abortion and same sex marriage go by the wayside because I believe in many of the parties other issues (which I do NOT). I don’t know how LDS Democrats can just ignore those two issues that the Church has fought so hard against, and rationalize it’s because of the other issues that keeps them liberal or progressive or whatever. One of my mission companions said it best: “When God speaks the debate is over.” Church members sometimes separate their religion from their politics. The founders did not do this, and I don’t think it’s right that we should. Anyway, the choice is yours. So my advice to my family, and you, would be to vote and be active in the political process. Don’t ignore the system but try to change our country the right way. In the 60’s radicals tried to make change and I don’t think it worked. Many of them got into politics. Some of them made it to the white house. I don’t like that type of radical thinking. I don’t believe the constitution needs a radical change. Freedom is more important than control. I never thought I’d turn out to be a “square”. Anyway, I did not mean for this to be a political post. These are just my opinions.



Information is Power. Watch where you get your news.
I just read several articles about mainstream media (MSM). I watch a little mainstream media but for the most part I get my news from what would be considered “alternative media.” Mainstream media can be defined (and this is only my definition) as coming from the big 5. CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, and FOX is my definition (and sometimes BBC). I watch FOX because they seem to be more conservative, and I am pretty conservative (though I am NOT a Republican OR a Democrat). But I notice FOX puts out just about as much crap (excuse the strong word, but it’s how I feel) as the rest. FOX just tries to give the opposite as the other liberal 4. Sometimes FOX gets stuck putting that deceiving, distracting “news” out there like all the rest. Remember that truth is what we all seek. In these articles it was brought out that most Americans spend a lot of time (200 hours a month) connected to mainstream media. We are influenced by what we see. Some people think they are not influenced by something as small as advertising. In the U.S. in 2012 $165 billion was spent on advertising. Do you really think advertising does not work? $165 billion says different. We are influenced by what we see, hear, and read. Be sure what you think is news is actually news. Have you ever heard of a group called The Bilderberg Group? It was started in 1954 and is shrouded in secrecy. It is also something that will never be mentioned in mainstream media. It’s interesting that MSM will actually run a story about a UFO sighting, yet anything about other “conspiracy” or controversial nature is never touched. Do not fall prey to this. MSM, for the most part, is driven by business. When Ted Turner owned CNN if he didn’t want a story to run on his network, do you think it ran anyway? Absolutely not. Editors, publishers, and producers control most of MSM. Once in a while, there will be an honest reporter who does a meaningful story. Not often enough to warrant spending my time watching them. There is a saying that I believe, “No truth in the news, no news in the truth.” Always take what MSM tells you with a grain of salt. Do your own research. In war most battles are fought because of intelligence. The best intelligence is human intelligence, or “boots on the ground”. Do your best to find your news through credible sources. Find websites to keep an eye on. Check their sources and research with your own. There are credible sources for news out there but they have to be found as you sift through the debris. One thing I’ve noticed is that news services from other countries are usually less influenced by money. Don’t get me wrong, capitalism works and keeps this country the super power it is. But when it comes to truth, money usually doesn’t care about truth, only the bottom line. I’ve included sources that I like but you must research and find your own. Please don’t become the typical American sheep and swear by CNN. Be informed from good sources.
News about guns and gun laws are often tainted by the “progressive/conservative” struggle by MSM. Each like to quote portions of studies that suit their opinion. That is the c**p I was talking about earlier. It is far from the truth.
Code name Insight is a website that is a list of websites in catagories. These two categories have to do with news.
News Sources – This is mostly MSM but there are a few here that are good
Commentary/Other News – This has more choices that are not so mainstream
http://www.codenameinsight.com/

These are where I find my news:
Drudge Report
Blacklisted news
Global Security.org
Ooda News
Al Jezeera
The Diplomat
The Irish Times
Meridian Magazine news
Washington Post, depending on the reporter
Wall Street Journal, depending on the reporter
Semper Paratus
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment