Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A Conservative With A Gun

What is interesting about liberals and gun control advocates is that they don’t have a problem with a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with a gun. As long as the good guy is not a trained citizen. The following is from an experience of a police officer.
“Some months ago I had the misfortune of having to perform an administrative task that had only the most tangential of connections to actual police work. It was my further misfortune that the task required a trip to a large metropolitan headquarters building, a place I visit as seldom as possible.
There, in one of the offices where the large department’s vast bureaucracy churns out a steady stream of mostly meaningless paperwork, I chanced to see, adorning the wall of one of the many cubicles, something I had never seen in any police station I had worked in or visited: a Barack Obama campaign sticker. I had come with another officer, and I very discretely directed his attention to the sticker, bringing a roll of his eyes and the whispered question: “What’s going on here?”
The cubicle’s occupant was absent, preventing what might have been an uncomfortable conversation. My partner and I finished our business, and as we drove back to our assigned station I asked him if he knew of any cops who had voted for Barack Obama. He didn’t, nor did I. Which is not to say there aren’t any. This large metro police department prides itself on diversity, after all, so I expect Mr. Obama got a few votes from within its ranks. But not from anyone at my station, where posting an Obama sticker on one’s cubicle would be all but unthinkable.
I’m a bit ashamed to admit I was once a liberal, the product of a religious high school and what is often referred to as an elite university. A few years of police work cured me of this affliction, but even before I came around I knew enough to keep my political opinions to myself.
Cops tend to be conservatives, perhaps because they spend the bulk of their day dealing with the consequences of failed liberal policies. Whatever liberals you might find in the department can mostly be found, like the absent cubicle dweller discussed above, in bureaucratic assignments that keep them safely shielded from the hazards of actual police work, and from those pesky consequences.”
One of the great ironies of the gun control debate is that everyone who calls for gun control still wants a man with a gun protecting him. Every governor in America has armed security. You have to go through a metal detector guarded by men with guns to get into the Capitol building. Barack Obama has hundreds of Secret Service agents carrying fully automatic weapons who protect his safety. Even run-of-the-mill Democrats who want to take guns away from everyone else will unhesitatingly pick up the phone and call the police if they feel threatened -- so that a man with a gun can show up and make them safe.
Ron Kessler’s book, “In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Protect” quotes former Secret Service agent Lloyd Bulman alleging,  “Hillary was very rude to agents, and she didn’t appear to like law enforcement or the military. She wouldn’t go over and meet military people or police officers, as most protectees do. She was just really rude to almost everybody. She’d act like she didn’t want you around, like you were beneath her.”
Former FBI agent Coy Copeland said Hillary had a “standing rule that no one spoke to her when she was going from one location to another. In fact, anyone who would see her coming would just step into the first available office.”
Yet another former agent protecting Hillary: “Hillary never talked to us . . . Most all members of first families would talk to us and smile. She never did that.”
Finally, one agent concludes, “We spent years with her. She never said thank you.”
I don’t know if this book has true stories in it or not but Ron Kessler has written other books on the Secret Service. That doesn’t make these stories true. But it would fit in with how gun control advocates seem to be protected by a Conservative with a gun.
On her television show, April 19, 1999, Rosie O’Donnell had this to say about gun owners: “I don’t care if you want to hunt. I don’t care if you think it’s your right. I say, ‘Sorry.’ It is 1999. We have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison.” Several months later, a bodyguard in her employ applied for a concealed gun permit from the Greenwich (Connecticut) Police Department. When queried about whether her bodyguard should carry a gun on May 24, 2000, she said, ‘I don’t personally own a gun, but if you are qualified, licensed and registered, I have no problem.'
Gun control advocates live this double life all the time. I think it’s a double standard. Most of law enforcement is conservative. They are compelled by their oath to protect all, even those liberals who seem bent on taking guns away.
Then there was the comedian Jordan Klepper from the old Daily Show who set out to become a “good guy with a gun.” He failed miserably. Supposedly this proved that stopping a bad guy with a gun takes a good guy with one. I don’t agree. He went through the cursory steps of training to obtain a concealed carry license. Then he thought he could thwart an active shooter in a shoot house (an abandoned school used for active shooter training). The idiot got shot in every scenario he encountered. What a surprise. And from this lame exercise the conclusion was that a good guy with a gun is a false theory. This is just another joke where those who know nothing about firearms and tactical shooting try to prove a point. They forget that a concealed carry permit is really only designed for the carrier to protect themselves, not to become a SWAT team member. I guess they think that self-defense means something else.
Good guys with guns, military and law enforcement, are generally conservatives. Liberals and their skewed thinking are almost always counting on a conservative to protect them. I think that is a cowards way. But as I’ve said before, liberals are usually cowards.
Semper Paratus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment