Friday, July 8, 2016

Actually Becoming Prepared

I know that Stephen Stills wrote this song to mirror some protests that were occurring at the time in 1966. I’d like to use it in a little different way if you’ll permit me.
I was alive during the 60’s. It was a turbulent time. It was a time of change. Some changes were good and some not so good.
In the last few days police and civilians were killed. Some in a calculated ambush. Others under questionable circumstances. My prayers go to the families and friends who lost loved ones. I still trust law enforcement (LE) because I know too many of them that are such outstanding people. I hope people will not decide what is wrong or right without correct information. I’m not defending anyone but few of us know the danger in a simple traffic stop. We do not deal with evil on a daily basis and most of us are not fearful that we won’t come home at night to our families. But I also know that some officers have a chip on their shoulder. I’ve dealt with some of them myself. I try to make my experience with them a positive one. It’s hard sometimes. Some of the LE I have known well bring their work home with them. I had a counselor when I was a Branch President who was in Customs. I finally had to talk to him about his rotten attitude he had toward people in general. He was not really aware and later his wife thanked me and said things were much better at home because of his change. It’s difficult to wade around in filth and not get any on you. He was letting it affect him.

These incidents will be used to try and disarm the people. It will be politicized sadly.

“For What It’s Worth

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware”

Crime, terrorism, unrest, and war. These things are plaguing the world. Violence is becoming a daily diet.

“There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind”

This is a typical 60’s line. Too bad Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump didn’t use it, it might help their campaigns. I especially like the line “Nobody's right if everybody's wrong”. I feel the Gadiantons are everywhere.

It’s hardly amazing that someone who was so negligent in their e-mail communication as Secretary of State can just get a promotion.
“I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email,” Secretary Clinton said in March 2016
“110 emails in 52 email chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information," Said the FBI Director Comey in his statement.
Also in March Secretary Clinton said she 'thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for my personal emails instead of two.” Director Comey said that she 'used numerous mobile devices to view and send e-mail on [her] personal domain.'

Look, I know when you are under public scrutiny you’re going to say some things that will be questionable. You might even unknowingly tell a lie. Secretary Clinton has been caught in way too many of these for it to be a mistake. She is quite dishonest. I know the public doesn’t really care but I do. I too am not perfect but I try very hard to be honest. I also am not saying that Donald Trump is a perfectly honest guy. But Secretary Clinton was not just some businessman. She should be held to a higher standard as a public servant. You don’t become Secretary of State because you are bumbling idiot. This is not a low level Snowden here. Which we held to this higher standard than the Sec of State it seems. I’m not saying there are grounds for criminal charges. I do wonder if we should just say “Bad Secretary of State!” and let her go her way. If this happened to me I would be out of a job and couldn’t just change government jobs! I would probably never get another government job again. I don’t know what should happen to her, but I do know that she should be held to the highest standards of the land. She had a cabinet level job! I don’t care that she resigned that position, it’s a matter of trust. She cannot be trusted. These are just a few examples of her dishonesty. There are too many to list. That’s my rant on that!

See Washington Post article:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/07/05/revisiting-clintons-claim-she-used-personal-email-out-of-convenience-and-it-was-allowed-by-state-department/

“I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side”

This is the times we live in. Protesting what we believe to be injustice. That is why we have a 1st Amendment. But many protests are turning dangerous.

“Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away”

Paranoia. Here’s where I come in. I know, it’s not paranoia if everyone is out to get you!
There’s a quote in one of my favorite movies “The Hunt For Red October” from 1990. It is by a character played by Fred Thompson. He was Navy Admiral Josh Painter.
“This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.”
I tend to agree with Fred. We’ll be lucky to live through it.
Get prepared my friends. I’m not predicting anything crazy. How much crazier can it be?
Put your houses in order so that you and your family will be ready for most things that may go down.
Have bugout bags, get home kits, first aid kits, etc. Work on your food and water storage. Work on your defense. I would never advise anyone to break the law. I say that now because guns are not outlawed. I’m not sure what I would advocate if our rights were trampled on worse than they have been.
Get your weapon and get trained. Ammunition is not “under fire” right now, but it could be soon. Certain guns are flying off the shelves because of the left and their “wonderful marketing plan.” Certain magazines might be a good idea right now too. Don’t go nuts, just know that they are on a list to be done away with.
Get prepared because I think the left is going to always be there. Their liberal attitude is that they know what is best for me and you and they will compel us to conform. I believe in a little more freedom than that. I’ve stated in past articles about how I feel about liberals and their thinking. They have little guts and no trust. They do not want you to be independent.

FEMA says make a plan: https://www.ready.gov/make-a-plan
Red Cross says make a kit: http://www.redcross.org/get-help/prepare-for-emergencies/be-red-cross-ready/get-a-kit
CDC says to get a kit: https://emergency.cdc.gov/preparedness/kit/disasters/
Weather Channel says to get a kit: https://www.wunderground.com/prepare/disaster_supply_kit.asp
State Department says get prepared: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/148830.pdf
DHS says to be ready: https://www.dhs.gov/ready
The White House says to be prepared: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/05/31/remarks-president-hurricane-preparedness-fema-national-response
President Obama was pretty clear about citizen’s responsibilities about being prepared for disasters. Yet some of you out there won’t listen.
The LDS Church says this about preparedness:
https://www.lds.org/topics/emergency-preparedness?lang=eng
President Monson said in October of 2004:
“We do live in turbulent times. Often the future is unknown; therefore, it behooves us to prepare for uncertainties.”
https://providentliving.lds.org/emergency-preparedness-and-response/stake-ward-emergency-planning-guide?lang=eng
Be prepared, it’s likely going to be a bumpy road ahead.

“Stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down”

Semper Paratus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment