Monday, July 4, 2016

Pledge Honorably On Independence Day


Two hundred and forty years ago today brave men signed a document. The Declaration of Independence. They were from many different places and backgrounds. 56 of them from the original 13 colonies, the reason we have 13 stripes on our flag. Delaware, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New York, Georgia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Maryland. These men committed treason to the Crown by signed this document. Their names were kept secret for 6 months because of this treason.

The oldest signer, Benjamin Franklin, I think said, "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."


The Declaration ends with:
“And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.”

I wish people that don’t like religion and religious belief would stop trying to convince the world that these men, and others like them, were not believers in a higher power or God. Judeo-Christian foundation was there when the wrote, signed, and pledged their sacred honor to this country.

We call it “The 4th of July” too much. I’ve caught myself doing it. It is the day we celebrate Independence Day. The day we took what was our rights given to us by God. Not by men or governments, but by God.

I took an oath once. It said this:
I, (Burn’s name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

This too mentions God. And I say to you right here and now, I mutually pledge my life, my fortune, and my sacred honor in keeping this oath. I raised my right hand and took this oath more than once. I may not be a military member, but I am still bound by my sacred honor to uphold this oath.

This is not a year to sit on the sidelines, not a year to watch from the bench. "The most important election of our lifetimes" may start to sound like a cliche but it increasingly seems to be true. We must take back this country and do it with our vote. We must pledge our lives, fortunes, and sacred honor. If we do not, we will not be free.
Please vote your conscience. Not along political or party lines. Ignore the rhetoric, because there is so much of it. Most people running and voting do not pledge this pledge. They want something that’s “in it for me.” Vote for freedom and send a message to Washington D.C. and to stupid, unelected lobbyists, that this country is ours.

President Abraham Lincoln told us in talking about those that died in the Civil War that our government is by the people and for the people. He also talked about giving “the last full measure of devotion” that “this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of Freedom...” and that this government by us, for us “shall not perish from the earth.”

Do you vote? Do you write your electedofficials? Do you give any measure of devotion to this country? Are you willing to protect this country from all enemies, foreign and domestic?

Take the oath with me. Give something to this country. Pledge a portion of your life and do in front of God.

Have sacred honor and true devotion to the idea of this country that lit the world on fire.
God said the Constitution is from Him to all the world:

Doctrine and Covenants 98:5
5 And that law of the land which is constitutional, supporting that principle of freedom in maintaining rights and privileges, belongs to all mankind, and is justifiable before me.

Happy Independence Day!

Semper Paratus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment