Friday, November 17, 2017

Monthly Read: Book Review For November

Once a month I will review and recommend a book. I know in this digital world that paper books are a little out dated. Most hard copy books are now in digital form, often in PDF. I would recommend a good well rounded hard copy library in your home. Some of the best books are old and out of print. There are certain publishers and authors I really like. This will be books I like and really only my opinion. If you’d like to recommend a book for me to review e-mail me and we can make it happen. The subjects will be varied but will have to do with the theme of this website, LDS Gunsite. Guns, preparedness, LDS History, security, self-defense, and patriotism are just a few examples. I have a big library of mostly reference books so I will draw heavily from that. Some books may be old and out of print. But most will be books you can find on Amazon.

"LDS Preparedness Manual 2012" Compiled By: Christopher Parrett

Publishers review:
This manual has been prepared for, and is intended to be read primarily by, the active members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Please Note
The contents of this booklet are intended to assist individuals and families in coping with emergency preparations. However, final decisions on preparation for actions taken during an emergency are the sole responsibility of individuals. No one knows your needs or can take care of you better than you can-nor does anyone else have that responsibility. Information and examples contained within this booklet are provided for illustration and advice only. Therefore, no liability is assumed by the Editor or any of the Authors for the use or misuse of any information or products contained in this publication.

This publication has not been endorsed or produced by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and its contents and the opinions it expresses are those of the Editor and the separate authors. While it should not be construed as an official church publication, effort has been made to ensure that all materials are in accordance with general church guidelines on food storage and family preparedness.


LDSGunsite Review:
I love this manual because of its thoroughness. It covers a broad spectrum of preparedness subjects and is great reference. I believe in finding good books for your preparedness library and having the actual hard-copy books. Putting together an electronic library and keeping it on a portable device or stick is a good idea, but I also like an actual hard-copy of these things. I don’t necessarily believe in the end-of-world, everything goes down scenario, but I do believe in contingencies. It may not be probable, but it is possible. I like that this manual covers so much. It’s the great variety that makes it so valuable. The Fact that it is free is also a wonderful bonus. There is a LDS leader version that can be obtained by contacting the author. I would wholeheartedly recommend this manual. I'm also under the impression that this manual will be updated from time to time so look for new editions in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment