Thursday, October 5, 2017

Mainstream Media Does It Again

News. There’s a joke. I just read several articles about this new “evil” stock that makes your rifle an automatic. It’s called a bump fire stock. Well what a surprise. In an attempt to scoop everyone, these reporters get stupid research and rely on it for their reporting. So do law makers. A bump-fire-stock is only something that helps you do what I’ve done since I was a kid. It’s called bump fire and it’s not illegal. I can do it with any semi-auto rifle. I’ve even done it with a semi auto shotgun (which is fun as heck, I might add!). I used to do it with my 10/22 when I was a teenager. Some nut case kills a bunch of people and the general public, law makers, and law enforcement think they can figure out a way to never let it happen again. I don’t care how many guns, accessories, or ammunition you ban, it WILL happen again. There are sick, evil people out there who do these things and we’ll probably never know why.
Really what it comes down to is the only person that can keep you safe is YOU! And even then, there’s always the human element that could put you in harm’s way. I don’t think I can think of any idea as to how you would stop someone from doing what this nut case did in Vegas. There are some safeguards you can put in, but never an absolute thing that can be done to keep this from happening again. I’m not saying we shouldn’t look at any options but banning a stock won’t do much. Dianne Feinstein wants to ban it because she thinks it’s like “war”. She obviously has never been in combat. I can just see someone trying to bump-fire in combat. They would be what we call a casualty. It drives me nuts that people who know nothing about guns, combat, or shooting write stories, and make laws about something they know absolutely nothing about! I don’t know why these people can’t find real sources for their gun and shooting information. It’s not too hard to find an expert who will give you honest, unbiased info. But, as I have said before. I’m not sure some law makers or “journalists” care much about the truth. They have an agenda and that’s all they are concerned with. And before the friends, and family can even grieve, these hacks have made their judgements and have taken their stances. They will not let any tragedy go by without trying to make headlines or political hay. They, in my opinion, are guilty of some hand in these shootings. They go crazy with them and turn them into a three ring circus. Other nuts actually learn from every detail of a shooting that the press mishandles. If they would just stop going into detail for every nut case and government hater to learn from I think that might help. But they will not. They are not really interested in public safety.
Do me a favor. When you watch the mainstream media or read what they write understand that their knowledge of guns and shooting are extremely limited. There are a few journalists that know what they are talking about. They paid the price and actually did more than a Google search. Search for the truth about the guns that were used and don’t just believe them because they are published or on TV. It’s like the internet, not everything is true.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families and friends.

Semper Paratus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment