Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Is The FBI Stupid?

The FBI is too stupid! I just had to share my rant with anyone who will listen. The FBI still, after 2 months, still cannot get into San Bernardino terrorists I-phones. They have gone to a judge who has ordered Apple to open up this particular phone.
http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/02/11/fbi-complains-it-cant-break-encryption-on-phone-used-by-san-bernardino-terrorists
I say, as I have before, that this is lazy police work. If you don’t know how to get into this phone, you find out and train FBI people to do it. Don’t expect someone else to do your work! Don’t get me wrong, I like the FBI. I think they are great and they do a thankless job. But if the FBI can’t do their job don’t come to us, citizens or private business, and force us to do your work.
I’ve said it before, no good can come from talking to the police. Too often law enforcement (LE) expects help from us. Now I am not advocating any type of blocking of justice, what I want is for LE to do their work and get their evidence. I should not be forced or even expected to do LE’s job.
I want to be clear, I think LE in the U.S. is the best. Second to none. So quit trying to force business to do your job of gathering evidence. If the evidence was in a safe would you force a locksmith to open the safe? The same goes for encryption, it should not be easy to get into. But LE should not expect anyone else to get into what is secure. I believe privacy should be protected.
Benjamin Franklin said:
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Semper Paratus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment