Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A Few Songs and Some Thoughts On Preparedness

Lately a few songs have been going through my head. I've sorted out what I think are the reasons.

Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)

To everything, turn, turn, turn.
There is a season, turn, turn, turn.
And a time to every purpose under heaven.
A time to be born, a time to die.
A time to plant, a time to reap.
A time to kill, a time to heal.
A time to laugh, a time to weep.

To everything, turn, turn, turn.
There is a season, turn, turn, turn.
And a time to every purpose under heaven.
A time to build up, a time to break down.
A time to dance, a time to mourn.
A time to cast away stones.
A time to gather stones together.

To everything, turn, turn, turn.
There is a season, turn, turn, turn.
And a time to every purpose under heaven.
A time of love, a time of hate.
A time of war, a time of peace.
A time you may embrace.
A time to refrain from embracing.

To everything, turn, turn, turn.
There is a season, turn, turn, turn.
And a time to every purpose under heaven.
A time to gain, a time to lose.
A time to rend, a time to sew.
A time for love, a time for hate.
A time for peace,
I swear it's not too late. (This is really the only part of the song that is not scripture.)
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Except for the “turn, turn, turn” this is a portion of scripture. In the scripture it is said that there is a time for everything. I notice Soloman, who was the son of David, acknowledges war and hate in this scripture. Even God says there is a time for these things. War should only be fought when God deems it necessary. We should only hate what God directs us to hate. Sin, unrighteousness, but not people. We should love everyone even though we may not like what they do.
This next song was from the 80’s by Mike and the Mechanics

Silent Running

Take the children and yourself
And hide out in the cellar
By now the fighting will be close at hand
Don't believe the church and state
And everything they tell you
Believe in me, I'm with the high command

There's a gun and ammunition
Just inside the doorway
Use it only in emergency
Better you should pray to God
The Father and the Spirit
Will guide you and protect from up here

Swear allegiance to the flag
Whatever flag they offer
Never hint at what you really feel
Teach the children quietly
For some day sons and daughters
Will rise up and fight while we stood still

Can you hear me, can you hear me running?
Can you hear me running, can you hear me calling you?
Can you hear me, can you hear me running?
Can you hear me running, can you hear me calling you?

According to Mike Rutherford, the song is about a guy who's traveled light years away, out in space somewhere, and he's ahead in time. Therefore he knows what's going to happen to his wife and kids back home, on Earth. And he's trying to get the message to them to say what's going to happen, the kind of anarchy, the breakdown of society, to tell them to be prepared.

Each of these songs speaks of possible future outcomes for our country and for this earth. Though these are just music, I can believe that some of these things could happen here in our beloved country. It doesn’t seem to take much to cause civil unrest in a city in the U.S. these days. In 2016 alone:
New York, NY
Chicago, IL
St. Paul, MN
Baton Rouge, LA
Milwaukee, WI
Albuquerque, NM
Costa Mesa, CA
Washington DC
Salt Lake City, UT
Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, OR

There were only 10 incidents through-out the entire decade of the 1990’s! But 2016 has 10 so far. So we see that this is escalating. We must be ready and prepared for what the times we live in have to offer.

Do I believe there will be a complete break-down in society? I can tell you that I don’t rule it out. But I can see a pattern emerging that I don’t like. Will it become war? I hope not. A break-down in society can be caused by many things. So far it’s only been for specific reasons, a shooting, or someone with a grievance with the government. But economic down-turn can cause this or break-down of infrastructure. Electricity for instance. That would probably cause civil unrest.
Between all of this and the current political climate, I would recommend you buy what guns and ammo you need now. I’m not talking about going crazy or extreme, but I am talking about slowly, methodically getting what you need before they are outlawed or impossible to find. Get trained while you can too. Take courses that will help you better understand how to use weapons. Practice while you can. As I said before, it’s not panic time, and I would not recommend causing any panic by talking about the world ending. Don’t do illegal things either. It’s still against the law to make bombs! Don’t do it, it’s not worth it. Besides, you could blow yourself up! Don’t go into debt for guns, ammo, food, or any other preparedness items.
Prepare a plan. Work that plan a little at a time. Get out of debt, have a food storage program, have a bug out plan, have a family defense plan. Don’t forget first aid materials in your preparation.

I am not being “gloom and doom.” I believe our prophet when he said: “Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.” Faith is the opposite of fear. I like the scripture that says:
“…but if ye are prepared ye shall not fear.” D&C 38:10. I like to turn it around and say: “If ye are not prepared ye shall have fear, but if ye are prepared ye shall have faith.” Preparation is the key to faith whether it is temporal, spiritual, physical, or mental preparation.

As my beloved Boy Scouts say, “Be Prepared.”

Semper Paratus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment