Thursday, January 28, 2016

LDS Gunsite Turns 2!

January 27 marks 2 years of writing this blog. When I first started this in 2014 I was just looking for an outlet for my ideas and my expression. I felt like I had a lot of experience in certain areas and a lot to share. I also feel I have a lot to learn and actually meant for this blog to be interactive. It has not been very interactive but I don’t have a big problem with that. When I look at blogs and websites I don’t do a lot of “interaction” myself. Just the fact that in those 2 years there have been over 10,000 views keeps me going.
I know that the idea of this site, LDS Gunsite, is a little crazy. I am LDS or Mormon. I have been all my life. I grew up in Arizona but no longer live there. I also served in the military which was a great experience. I still work on a federal installation as a contractor. I am vague about myself because I feel that privacy should be more prevalent in our lives, and possibly a little paranoia is mixed in there. As an LDS member guns are not usually equated with religion. But I feel guns, security, safety, and preparedness have a definite connection. Plus the Church has a history with guns and self-defense. There are many aspects of LDS history that are connected to guns from John Browning to the Mormon Battalion to Porter Rockwell. I embrace that connection and try to help anyone who reads this blog to improve their, and their families, self-defense. It has been a fun two years.
If you want to see an article, a series of articles, or a page about a particular topic please let me know. I’m also always looking for someone who might want to share their ideas and experience with guns, self-defense, and preparedness. You do not need extensive experience with these topics and you do not need to be a member of the LDS Church. But you must be willing to share. Please let me know. Comment or e-mail me.
I’m not sure how long I will do this. I think 5 years would be a good goal to see if things will improve and I run out of ideas. Only the future knows.
It’s been a great time sharing with you dear readers. I hope to hear from you but if not, thank you for your interest.
Semper Paratus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment