Friday, December 14, 2018

Monthly Read: Book Review For December

Once a month I will review and recommend a book. I know in this digital world that paper books are a little out dated. Most hard copy books are now in digital form, often in PDF. I would recommend a good well rounded hard copy library in your home. Some of the best books are old and out of print. There are certain publishers and authors I really like. This will be books I like and really only my opinion. If you’d like to recommend a book for me to review e-mail me and we can make it happen. The subjects will be varied but will have to do with the theme of this website, LDS Gunsite. Guns, preparedness, LDS History, security, self-defense, and patriotism are just a few examples. I have a big library of mostly reference books so I will draw heavily from that. Some books may be old and out of print. But most will be books you can find on Amazon.

December

“Ditch Medicine-Advanced Field Procedures For Emergencies” By: Hugh L. Coffee

Publishers Review
Hugh Coffee (Team Medic / Ditch Medicine / First Aid Instructor) has worked as a paramedic / firefighter for over thirty years. During this time, he held both line and administrative EMS positions at the county and state levels. He has provided emergency medical care and instruction in the austere environments of Guatemala, Kenya, Sudan, and Peru. In 1985, Hugh earned a Masters Degree in Public Administration from Georgia State University. He is the author of Ditch Medicine and numerous magazine articles.
Whether it's a war zone or a civil disaster area, traumatic injuries often occur in remote, unsanitary locations. This book teaches advanced field procedures for small wound repair, care of the infected wound, IV therapy, pain control, amputations, treatment of burns, airway procedures and more.

My review
This is a great reference book but should really only be used by someone with some medical training. But in an emergency it is good to have the information. This is not a first aid manual. When the title says “advanced” it really means it. The book is written with the layman in mind. It is simple and even has many drawings and pictures. I would recommend it for your preparedness library.

Semper Paratus
Check 6
Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment